Filing Guidelines For Investment Adviser and Investment Adviser Representative
Registration and Notification Requirements
INVESTMENT ADVISERS SUBJECT TO SEC REGISTRATION
Those investment advisers qualified to register on the federal level with the SEC and doing advisory business in the state of Alabama will be required to make a notification filing which will consist of the following filed electronically through IARD System:
- A complete Form ADV (Including Schedule I).
- Appropriate filing fees - $250.00 per investment adviser.
Representatives of federally registered investment advisers with a place of business in Alabama are required to register with the Commission. Applicants must submit the following electronically through Web CRD:
Renewals: A federally registered investment adviser will be required to renew its notification status and the registration of its investment adviser representatives residing, or with a place of business in Alabama annually on or before December 31 of each year. A notification renewal filing will consist of the following filed electronically through IARD System:
- Form ADV amendment reflecting all changes since last registration or renewal in Alabama. Changes should be marked and the amendment should indicate “Notice Filing Only.”
- Appropriate filing fees:
- $250.00 per investment adviser.
- $ 70.00 per investment adviser representative.