INVESTOR EDUCATION BROCHURES
These brochures are provided courtesy of the Investor Protection Trust www.investorprotection.org.
(Copyrights: Brochures may be used for educational or noncommercial purposes only.)
- Sound Investment Decisions
- When Your Broker Calls - Take NOTES!
- The Investor Bill of Rights
- Tips for Working with Financial Professionals
- Ten Tips to Avoid Investment Fraud
- Red Flag Phrases for Investment Fraud
- Seniors Take Control and Protect Yourself
- Seniors Beware of Free Lunch Seminars
- Affinity Fraud: Beware of Swindlers Who Claim Loyalty to Your Group
- How to Spot a Con Artist
- Tips for Safer Social Networking on the Internet
- Understanding High Risk Investments: Bitcoins and Dinars
FINANCIAL LITERACY (FL): The Alabama Securities Commission (ASC) actively promotes financial literacy and investor education by providing the following publication to teachers in a hard copy upon request. This publication may be downloaded from the internet by anyone. It may also be copied, printed and used for non-commercial educational purposes:
The Basics of Saving and Investing: Investor Education 2020
The North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA) launched a new website in December 2015 designed to provide senior-focused resources to investors, caregivers, industry and policymakers. The website is available at ServeOurSeniors.org. Qualified ASC staff members are available to present these free curriculum opportunities to groups of teachers or educators in public or private schools. Upon request, ASC promotes Financial Literacy and Investor Education through presentations and other printed materials.